WINSMART - Sets New Standards for Windows!
Did you know that Windows are the weakest point of the
building's facade and that 60 % of a building's heat loss is
happening through the windows?
The WINSMART window will be a smart, lightweight, cost-effective
and energy efficient window based on novel material combinations!
The WINSMART project will:
- Reduce the U-value from 0.8 to 0.3
- Reduce the weight of the window by 50%
- Reduce the window's overall energy consumption (embodied
energy) during the manufacturing process and disposal/recycling by
- Use new materials and new technology to improve the
construction of the window frame and framework, the vacuum window
and the glass coating
- Develop smart technologies to control the solar radiation
through the window
This project has received funding from the European
Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant
agreement n° 314407.